Something Blue Images

Welcome

Something Blue Images is a fun, fresh and fabulous wedding and portrait photography company based outside of Milwaukee, WI. Specializing in on location, natural light photography, Something Blue Images wants to turn your everyday moments into extraordinary memories. Visit the website at Something Blue Images or contact Something Blue Images at somethingblueimages@gmail.com

Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Running Against the Wind

Well, after 5 months of training, the 2010 Chicago Marathon is almost here! This morning we had to take the monsieur, it has been awhile since he has gone on a long run with us but we had no sitter for today. We bundled him up the best we could to brave the 50* temp and 25 mile per hour winds. He seemed super excited to go this morning, as were we. I had a great run, Kyle's knee is still bothering him so please send him your prayers. This coming week is basically a rest week, only 5 miles on Wednesday. I am sooooo pumped about the 10th. I can taste the finish line already! See more below...
I have been playing more with depth of field and ISO's on my camera. I have also been practicing on Photoshop, I feel like I am starting to get more comfortable with everything. Again, more below...
So, even though I live less than a block away from a grocery store, I choose to drive 10 miles to Sendiks. Gas be damned, I need good produce. Kyle and I have pretty much cut out all processed foods (with a few exceptions) so good, fresh produce is a must. So, Declan and I were driving to Sendiks on Wednesday and I noticed this field. The wildflowers or weeds or whatever was growing there was blooming and the sun was bouncing off the tall grass. I damn near died. I gotta shoot this field, I thought. I often get these grand ideas for shoots with my baby but rarely follow through because there is laundry, full dishwasher, life, etc and I forget.
Friday came and Declan was in a great mood. Even though I had a huge list of things to do that afternoon, I pushed it aside, grabbed my kid and my camera and off we went. It felt so great to do something I wanted to do and for those 45 minutes I wasn't worried about anything. This field is right next to a bank and a chiropractor's office. There were people in the window looking at me like I was a nut job dragging this baby into a field.
Sampling the local greens
Oh. My. Gawd.
I have a senior session later today and then took next weekend off to prep for the big day! Watch for a sneak peek tomorrow morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment