Something Blue Images

Welcome

Something Blue Images is a fun, fresh and fabulous wedding and portrait photography company based outside of Milwaukee, WI. Specializing in on location, natural light photography, Something Blue Images wants to turn your everyday moments into extraordinary memories. Visit the website at Something Blue Images or contact Something Blue Images at somethingblueimages@gmail.com

Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oh, Deer.

As I was driving to this mysterious place called Oostburg yesterday in Kyle's car I couldn't help but notice the EMPTY TANK (thanks a lot hun) so as I got closer, I prayed this town had a gas station or else I would be hitchin' it home. My new iPhone (praise him!) only showed Pizza Ranch restaurant on the map so as the miles ticked down to 19 until empty I grew increasing nervous but thank you lord, there was a gas station just past their block.
After the fill up, I met Zach and his mom, Bridget, at their beautiful Victorian house in Oostburg. People, this house is gorgeous, almost completely restored and updated. We talked a little before we got started I learned that Zach's parents have lived in the house since Bridget was pregnant with Zach and we took advantage of all character the house and property had to offer. Then, we were off to Zach's grandparent's home right on Lake Michigan, no exaggeration. Like out the back door, boom-water.
From there, we went to a shack that Zach's grandpa had built. Zach opened the door and there was a deer hoof sitting there. I flipped out. To make things worse, as we were shooting in the woods, the buck that Zach (he is a bow hunter) has been tracking for awhile ran away in the distance-this is when I went from flipping out to full on buggin'. Zach laughed at me and called me "City folk" because deer don't eat meat he said. I said I wasn't concerned about him eating me, more impaling me with his antlers. Bridget and Zach both got big laughs out of my skiddish-ness.
Anyways, it was great to explore a new town and meet some great people! Enjoy Brills!



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love them, thank you so much and can't wait to see the rest! Yes sorry about the deer, the bow and arrow that Zach had would have only taken out a rabbit! :)

Post a Comment